Chesapeake, Virginia, located in the Hampton Roads metro area, is the 3rd most populous city in Virginia. North Carolina is its southern border, and it is connected to Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk and Portsmouth making it an ideal location to settle down and avoid some of the urban sprawl.
The schools in Chesapeake are some of the best in the state. Seven of the elementary schools are ranked in the top 25% of Virginia according to Cruvita.com. The Top school in Chesapeake is Butts Road Intermediate. An interesting point is the use of intermediate and primary schools. While they are both classified as elementary schools the population of an area dictates whether they will have a traditional elementary school (k-5) or a combination of primary (k-2) & intermediate (3-5).
To learn more about the schools in Chesapeake, and to see the entire list of schools, please click here.
Here are the top 10 elementary schools in Chesapeake Virginia:
1. Butts Road Intermediate School
2. Southeastern Elementary School
3. Great Bridge Intermediate School
4. Cedar Road Elementary School
5. Edwin W. Chittum Elementary School
6. Hickory Elementary School
7. Grassfield Elementary School
8. Deep Creek Central Elementary School
9. Deep Creek Elementary School
10. Greenbrier Intermediate School
If you have any comments or questions please let us know via our feedback page.